INSPIRE Training is helping businesses and employers in South Wales to access the Government’s Kickstart Scheme, to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds. The Kickstart Scheme will fully fund hundreds of thousands of high quality 6 month work placements for young people deemed at risk of long term unemployment due to Coronavirus.
The scheme will reimburse employers 100% of the National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a weeks, plus employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. All reimbursements will be paid on a monthly basis through your chosen Gateway representative. There is also additional funding available of up to £1,500 per participant, for setup costs, equipment and ongoing training.
Find out more about the Kickstart Scheme and apply for funding today to create jobs for young people in your organisation.
The Kickstart Scheme
The Kickstart Scheme has been launched by the Government to provide funding for employers to create new 6-month job placements for young adults who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. This £2 billion fund aims to create hundreds of thousands of job placements for young adults in England, Scotland and Wales. Any organisation in the private, public and voluntary sectors, regardless of size, can apply for funding, as long as you’re a limited company and have been established for no less than 2 years or have at least submitted your first year’s accounts.
Funding will cover for each job placement:
100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
the associated employer National Insurance contributions
employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs. They must not:
replace existing or planned vacancies
cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
There is additional funding available of £1,500 to help with set up costs, support and training. Each application should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience.
Why does the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) recommend employers to apply via an approved Gateway Representative like INSPIRE Training Wales?
1. We can simply add your vacancies to our list of approved placements much quicker and more efficiently than a direct application.
2. We can submit the Kickstart Scheme application on your behalf and take care of time-consuming administration, free of charge.
3. We've had hundreds of applications approved on behalf of employers already. We know what it takes to submit a successful application.
4. We're here to guide and support you throughout the Kickstart process.
5. Most importantly, as a leading training provider, we are able to provide funded and accredited employability training to every placement, which is a key criterion of the Kickstart Scheme. This includes CV Writing, Interview Skills, Effective Job Search, Career Advice, Workplace Expectations, Effective Communication, Team Building.